Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program in USA for the Students from Asian Countries
Title: Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program
Scholarships Provider: Asian Development Bank
Scholarships Available: Students from Member Countries of the Asian Development Bank
Application Deadline: December 1, 2020
he Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) provides support for Master’s degree study in ADB-JSP approved fields of study at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa (UHM), and for participation in the educational, residential, and leadership development programs at the East-West Center (EWC).
ADB-JSP is a scholarship program that was established to strengthen human resource capacity in Asian Development Bank developing member countries. After completing their studies, scholars are expected to return to their home countries to apply and share their new knowledge and skills to promote socioeconomic development.
Photo source: University of Hawai‘i Facebook Page.
- A listing of current and future events taking place at the East-West Center.
- The University of Hawaiʻi was voted #10 of the 50 most amazing college campuses in 2015. Explore the beautiful flora and fauna found on campus using the university’s interactive plant map and handout.
- List of suggested places on the island to visit in your free time, in alphabetical order. Click on the websites below for visitor information, including hours, directions, and fees.
- ADB-JSP scholars live in one of the two housing facilities that the East-West Center provides for its student scholarship recipients — Hale Manoa and Hale Kuahine. Detailed information on these two residence halls can be found.
- Be a citizen and current resident of a developing member country of the Asian Development Bank and not more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- Have a 4-year bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree, at the time of application. (An equivalent could be a 3-year Bachelor’s degree plus a 1-year Master’s degree, or a 2-year bachelor’s degree plus a 2-year Master’s degree. This is subject to review.)
- Have at least 2 years of full-time professional work experience after a university degree at the time of application.
- Take one of the English proficiency tests; the minimum acceptable scores are 550 for the paper-based TOEFL; 213 for the computer-based TOEFL; and 79-80 for the internet-based TOEFL iBT; or 6.5 for the IELTS. Results must be taken from a test within the past two years.
Eligible Regions: Member Country of the Asian Development Bank
Apply through the given link.