Apply for the Rhodes Scholarship 2021 for Postgraduate Study at the University of Oxford in UK for International students.
Name: The Rhodes Scholarship
Scholarship Provider: The University of Oxford
Host Country: UK
Scholarship Available for International students.
Study Level: Postgraduate
Application Deadline: Ongoing
The Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest (first awarded in 1902) and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship programme, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. About 100 Rhodes Scholarships are available per year for postgraduate study at the University of Oxford.
- The Rhodes Scholarship covers Oxford University (and College) fees as well as providing an annual stipend. For the 2019/20 academic year, the stipend will be £15,900 per annum (£1,325 per month) from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation. Please note – this is not sufficient to cover partners or dependants.
- Following selection for the Scholarship, the Rhodes Trust will cover the fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford. The Trust will cover the fee for a Tier 4 study visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS), which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service.
- The Rhodes Trust will cover two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
- On arrival in Oxford, Scholars receive a settling-in allowance (£225 in 2019-20). For those Scholars who transition to the second course of study in Oxford, they will again receive assistance to cover the fee for visa renewal and further application for IHS.
- A number of research grants are also available to Rhodes Scholars, on the application, which enables Scholars to, for example, attend international conferences or conduct additional fieldwork.
The eligibility criteria for each constituency Scholarship is held in the Information for Candidates document, which can be found through the Apply Now link.
For more details please click on the official link given below: