UN is calling for an intern to work as Project supporter. Apply for the UN Internship now!
The internship offers an opportunity to participate in the day-to-day tasks related to the realization of key architecture and change initiatives within a large-scale project impacting the workplace and ways of working of UN staff.
The Seismic Mitigation Project (SMP) Project Management Office within Division of Administration (DA) the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), Bangkok, Thailand internship is for a period of two to six months depending on the needs of the division.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the division or office to which they are assigned.
The key missions include assisting the project team in the implementation of a Furniture Mock-Up, developing documents for an Activity-Based Workspace solution and related Change Management Activities.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Furniture Mock-Up:
- Assists the SMP team during the furniture mock-up tours for clients, describes the furniture features and intent to clients and assists SMP Project Manager during furniture evaluation process;
- Assists SMP team in organising meetings with stakeholders, incl. formulating and sending of invites, collecting stakeholder feedback, preparing meeting minutes and performing document management;
- Assists in the development of promotional material for the furniture solution;
- Communication, Outreach, and Change management:
- Supports the SMP team in their communication with clients and stakeholders, including providing guidance on information and training materials, making presentations to all staff and coordinating workshops;
- Assists the SMP team to develop communication products such as website, posters, promotional videos, motion graphics, newsletters, and social media platforms;
- Supports the change management process by helping staff to transition to new ways of working, sensitizes staff on the Activity-Based work space Solution and provides necessary training;
- Space reconfiguration:
- Assist the SMP team on the coordination, analysis, planning, design and construction of all internal office space reconfiguration, related office moves as well as all space planning for the proposed office space at the UNESCAP complex;
- Assist the SMP team to update the interior floor plan layouts;
- Assist in drawings of the space reconfiguration;
An opportunity to participate in the day-to-day tasks related to the realization of key architecture and change initiatives within a large-scale project impacting the workplace and ways of working of UN staff.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations New York Headquarters Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined In (a) or (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year
period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship.
- Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Thai language is not essential although it would be considered advantageous.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
- A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- The Cover Note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing.
- Graduation date (When will you be/have graduated/graduated from the programme?)
- IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in
- Top three areas of interest
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme
- In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
- Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020
For more details please click here https://uncareer.net/vacancy/intern-project-support-temporary-285688